It’s back to uni for a lot of us in September, and for some of you, you might be going to uni for the first time! If you’re worried about settling in and nervous about making friends, read this post about what I learned from my first year at uni 🙂
It’s a new academic year, so it’s only fair that you treat yoself to a couple of new things. Instead of turning up to your lectures hungover, dehydrated and dressed in whatever you could find on your floordrobe (which was me 50% of my first year) (study hard, kids), why not make a fresh-faced entrance head-to-toe in new season gear? Here’s what’s on my lust-list:
- Firstly, there are SO many lipsticks I’m craving right now, many of them Mac (naturellement). Because, after all, a girl can never have too many Mac lipsticks. I’m eyeing up Persistence, Kinda Sexy, Chilli (all Matte), Paramount (Satin) and finally Extended Play, which is apparently a Pro Longwear Lipcreme; the reason I say “apparently” is because I couldn’t find that shade on the Mac website, but it’s floating around on Pinterest and it looks like the deep yet muted terracotta / rust / brick colour I’ve been looking for.
2. This lovely turtle neck ribbed jumper, £22, curtesy of ASOS
An easy go-to essential to keep you warm when the days get shorter and the nights longer. How I’d style it? Wear by itself with your favourite pair of jeans or trousers, or layer underneath a sheer item.
Because co-ord = cool. Great for seasonal transition. And who said pinstripes were strictly for the office?
4. I’m absolutely adoring Nars’ Dolce Vita shade; it comes in a gloss, a blush, a sheer lipstick and a matte lip pencil. I really love the look of the Dolce Vita Velvet Matte Lip Pencil, £19 – which is, I’ve recently discovered, officially labelled by the online beauty community as an MLBB (My Lips But Better – I know right). A soft, dusty rose, this would be perfect for everyday use.
5. Okay, so maybe I’m boring. But if you have read my other fashion posts, you may know that I am obsessed with turtlenecks. In fact, I don’t know why I haven’t written a blog post dedicated purely to the turtleneck. Maybe I will! See, inspiration comes from the most unlikely of places. These Weekday turtlenecks are silky soft and come in 5 colours.
6. As someone who pretty much only wears silver jewellery, I’d love some delicate, simple and minimal silver rings, such as these ones from & Other Stories for £12.
So that’s pretty much it for my round-up of my wishlist for the coming season. What are you hoping to get your hands on?